1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Buried my daughter and learned who my true friends and family were. Friends became strangers and strangers became friends.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember last years resoluntion, but I'm sure it had something to do with doing what I could to be a great mom to my two kids and the little one I had on the way. I'm sure a new resolution will come up.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My best friend from high school was pregnant at the same time as I was. She gave birth to her little boy a month before my due date. It was mixed emotions. It's hard to be happy for someone, but yet jealous. It being her first child and after trying so many times and him being her rainbow after a few miscarriages, in the end I was happy for her. I talked with her tonight and found out she is expecting again. This time the day before my due date with Laken, but have to be happy for a BLM.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My brother inlaw, he was a second dad to my hubby and our baby girl Laken.
.5. What countries/states did you visit?
Didn't visit any this year. I don't think I would have felt much up for taking any road trips.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
I would like to have my life back on track and to feel normal again. I just feel like a lost soul some times.
7. What dates/events from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? So many weigh on my mind, but of course the day my baby was born. We had 24 precious hours to make some memories. Walking out of the hospital empty handed was horrible. The day of her funeral and amazed at how many people came to say goodbye to my little girl.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Keeping it together. I had my melt downs, but I always bounced back. Smiling on the outside while there were awhole other feeling on the inside.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not being able to carry my baby to term. My body failed me. Letting people get to me too much. People who wouldn't understand what is in my heart unless it happened to them. I don't ever expect them to understand and I pray that they never have to.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Sick on and off while pregnant, had a 24 hour stomach virus a couple of times, allergies were horrible as always and had a lot of down days.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I <3 my new printer.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My hubby and my best friend/cousin Julie. She has been amazing with always looking in on me.. I love her!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? There is quiet a few, but my sister inlaw who is suppose to be like a sister kind of just let me down. She was great for the first month, but after that I felt dropped. Like I said in another Q. I don't expect her to understand. Those people are allowed to be sad for those they lost, but for me, in their eyes I should be over this by now.
14. Where did most of your money go? As always bills and my kiddos.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Preparing to have a new baby in the house. After 6 years I was ready again and so excited. I had started buying things even though we didn't know if we were having a boy or girl. The first thing we bought was a Winnie The Pooh stroller and I remember me and my dad putting it together, I was so excited.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Ride Out Your Storm. A song that my aunt sing at Laken's funeral.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Sadder, but my hubby makes sure that I don't stay that way for long. b) fatter or thinner? About the same.c) richer or poorer? About the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Everything on my mind that I wish I would have done more of or done at all falls on the day Laken was born. So many of them.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Being sad, but I don't see anyway around that one.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With my family. On Christmas Eve we gathered to open gifts and afterwards I got a little upset that she wasn't here. I had to make a trip to the bathroom to get my cry out and then come back. I may have fooled everybody else, but not so much my hubby, he knew. Spent Christmas morning with the family and cooking Christmas dinner.
21. Which blogspot people did you meet this year? None in person, but a lot online. Its sad that there are so many of us, but I'm glad I met and have them.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010? Fell in love with a perfect beautiful, but tiny baby girl
23. How many one-night stands?none
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate them, but my goodness it's very close!!
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Baby loss songs, helps to relate.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted the year to go as I has planned out.
29. What did you want and not get?
I didn't get what I had planned.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Get Him To The Greek
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?I turned 29. I was sad and really didn't do a lot except be a crab.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having our little one here would have made us complete. I love and miss her so much.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? I'm a t-shirt and jeans girl. I like being comfty. If i'm at home I like my PJ's :)
34. What kept you sane? My wonderful husband and best friend Julie <3
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Reynolds <3
36. What political issue stirred you the most?I didn't pay much attention to politics.
37. Who did you miss? My baby girl and feeling normal. I feel looked at different now.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Way too many wonderful women that I met this year to name just one.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Never take anything for granted and enjoy the time you have.