Update

I want to update everybody and let all of you know what is going on with Laken's Bears and why I am behind on posts. Both of my parents have been sick. As most of you know, my mother is fighting breast cancer and has been very sick. She has been in and out of the hospital with her blood cell count being very low and has been unable to fight off an infection. As if that wasn't enough, my father had a light heart attack and had to have a heart catherization done. The doctors found that he had more blockage than they expected and gave him the option of having stents put in or open heart surgery. With a sick wife, he chose to have the stents to buy time until my mother is well enough. The stents will be put in next week. The stents could last awhile or a short time, either way they both could use some prayers! Thank you to everybody who has continued to keep us in your prayers!

I am in the process of getting some bears in and getting packages sent on their way. We are still 2 months ahead. Most orders that we haven't delivered bears to and we are working on aren't delivering their memory boxes until August so we are still on track! Right now, my next 3 orders to finish up and send on their way are On Her Wings, Natalie for August 19th Day of Hope and Project Sweet Peas : Shelby's Sunshine. Thank you for being patient!

We are always needing a name of remembrance to go with each of these bears so if you're interested in sponsoring a Laken's Bear or bears read about it here


5 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa- so very sorry your family is going through this right now. I will definitely be praying for you all.

    Take you time with everything. I know all those who are waiting will understand that you family has to come first.

    Sending lots of love!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your family so much. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so very sorry to hear of your family's health problems and I will be praying. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! We could sure use all the prayers that we can get! Lots of love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I'm so sorry for all that you and your family is going through! As if you haven't been through enough already (hugs).

    I mailed you some money last week with a donation of bears in Jacob's name. I had to send cash since I don't have a US account so hopefully it gets there!

    ReplyDelete